- First name and Last Name/ Full Name
- Full Address
- Billing Address
- Email Address
- Credit Card Information
- What the business owner does with the client’s personal data or information being collected
- How the client’s data or information is being processed
- What are the purposes of the client’s data or information
In 1968, the Council of Europe conducted a study which addresses the threat of Internet expansion where anything can be connected now with the internet (for example, the development of online selling or business). This lead to the development of a policy to protect personal data.
Second, clients or prospects expect it.
1. Notice – Before collecting data from the consumer, data collectors should apply disclosure of what they are doing with the personal information.
2. Choice – Businesses that collect data from users must respect the information which is only provided.
3. Access – It is allowable to update the user’s data or remove their personal data collected by the company.
4. Security – The company is responsible for the security of the user’s personal information. It should be safe from unauthorized persons.
- Websites Applications
- E-commerce stores
- Social Media Sites
- Digital Products
- Google AdSense
- Acceptance of terms
- Collection of information
- Use of personal information
- Disclosure information
- Important exceptions
- Outside parties and sites
- Amendment of this policy
- Additional privacy protections for children
Example clause you can use from Upverter:
We may disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other website users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
- The information we collect
- Our commitment to data security
- Child protection
- How you can access or correct your information
- Use of user information
- How to contact us
Example clause that you can use from Heyo:
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business-related purposes, to our users via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on a heyo site, as determined by us in our sole discretion. notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our users.
TrueVault offers 2702 words for their template. You can use their template with the following clauses in their Privacy Page policy:
- What information do we collect?
- How and what do we use your information for?
- What personal information may we disclose to outside parties?
- How we protect and store your information
- California online privacy protection act compliance
- Children’s online privacy protection act (“coppa”) compliance
- Links and third-party websites.
- How to opt-out or request changes.
- Questions regarding this policy.
Here’s one of the example clause that you can use from TrueVault:
How we protect and store your information.
truevault takes the security of the information it collects through its site and services seriously and, in response, implements a variety of security measures designed to reduce the risk of unauthorized disclosures and accidental destruction or loss of your content and to maintain the safety of your personal information using methods appropriate to the nature of the data and information provided to us by you.
- security policy
- onward transfer
- data transfers – privacy shield and u.s.-swiss safe harbor framework
Here’s a sample clause that Applause uses:
- acceptance of terms
- new features
- rules and conduct
- payment and electronic communications
- cancellation and termination
- third party sites
- content and submissions
- no warranties
- limitation of liability
- international/non-uk use
- dispute resolution
- integration and severability
- copyright and trademark notices
- digital millennium copyright act notice
- privacy statement
- information that we collect from you
- use of your information
- disclosure of your information
- security and data retention
- accessing and updating
- dsl content generally.
- submissions posted by user(s).
- procedure for reporting copyright infringements:
- once proper bona fide infringement notification is received by the designated agent:
- procedure to supply a counter-notice to the designated agent:
Sample clause that Geckoboard uses:
(b) submissions posted by user(s). dsl provides features through the service which allow users to upload, submit, disclose, distribute or otherwise post submissions at or on the site or otherwise through the service (such as through the geckoboard community). if dsl provides such features, you: